WANF (previously WGCL/CBS46) has served Atlanta communities for more than 50 years with local news, weather, sports, and entertainment. WANF & WPCH are owned by Gray Television, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Would you like to work in the #6 market in a city with a thriving economy and a vibrant culture? WANF and WPCH provide the community with award-winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Come to Atlanta for the opportunity. The energy. The chance to dream where there's space to contribute. Where creatives, universities, entrepreneurs, and the world's biggest brands intersect. Atlanta has a unique culture all its own with a young population, a bustling city center packed with urban parks and amenities, and famously walkable neighborhoods.
WANF and Peachtree TV are the flagship hometown stations for Gray Television, serving nearly 7 million viewers in the Atlanta area! The Technical Media Producer (Director) plays a critical role in ensuring the work of news producers, editors, photographers, and talent is presented cleanly to viewers. The director codes and executes live productions using Ross OverDrive automation.
The Technical Media Producer (Director) operates a Ross OverDrive automation system to execute live newscasts, breaking news and special projects. The TMP is responsible for all technical production aspects of a show from start to finish. The TMP preps the studio, microphones, IFB, and lighting; codes for automation via ENPS plug-in, communicates with the show producer to resolve challenges and ensure a clean broadcast. The TMP should be self-motivated and a problem-solver. Systems the TMP will control include the Ross switcher, Wheatstone audio, Telemetrics robotics, Chyron Prime graphics.
Please note - primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above
* Completion of high school, or equivalent.
* Bachelor's degree in broadcast television production or media preferred.
* Minimum two years experience in a live broadcast television environment with hands-on experience in control room in areas such as switching, audio, graphics, character generator, robotics, and automated rundown software.
* Experience as a news or technical director strongly preferred.
* Experience operating and maintaining automation tools and software preferred.
* Experience using Edius editing software preferred.
Specific Knowledge/Skills and Abilities -
* Highly motivated and confident in executing difficult and complex asks.
* Self-directed and able to function proactively to ensure results and goals are met as well as adhere to strict deadlines.
* Good leadership skills; ability to provide guidance and direction to a team.
* Ability to consistently function in a high pressure role and environment.
* Ability to quickly react to changing priorities and needs.
* Must be able to troubleshoot difficult problems and develop solutions to address root causes.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* 5% Travel Required (Approximate)
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, and station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WANF-TV/Gray Television Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnn73o-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.