Full Time Job
Sr. Motion Graphic Designer / Art Director
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
WNCN/CBS 17 in Raleigh, NC has an opening for a Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director. The Senior Designer conceptualizes and creates on air, online and social media graphics for news, sales, and creative services departments.
• Create and deliver high quality, fast turn-a-round graphics for on air, digital or print needs of station
• Expert in type design and original creative design solutions for graphic packages
• Expert in animation, page layout and design development
• Develop animations and promotional graphics that coincide with station brand
• Conceptualize, create, and assist sales department for any potential sales collateral
• Manage graphics production workflow for news presentation, marketing and promotion and digital and on air media sales
• Create and produce web, social media, and on-air news graphics
• Create and produce any print pieces for newspaper, magazine, or program pieces
• Assist in coordinating all station photography for talent, staff, and other projects
• Interact and communicate with station leadership offering creative solutions and project direction
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelors' degree Art, Design
• Three to five years of broadcast design experience
• Three to five years of experience in graphic design with advanced experience in Adobe CS including Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop
• Ability to work on various projects simultaneously and to deliver finished projects on deadline a must
• Strong typography skills required
• Experience with Cinema 4D
• Experience with knowledge of 3D software a plus
• Experience with Chyron Lyric a plus
• Project management and software experience
• Highly effective communications and organizational skills required
• Consistently work hours required to meet deadlines, including evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.
All internal candidates must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.