WGME CBS13 / WPFO FOX 23, in Portland, Maine, is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment, and social media content. We help grow the most talented people in television. We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time self-starter, confident computer savvy Multimedia Manager. Primary responsibilities pertain to the installation, implementation, and maintenance of advanced audio/video workflow servers, and the support of end-user training and assistance therein. The role also supports a business-level IT environment regarding networking, hardware/software deployment, and helpdesk support
Your responsibilities include:
• Creating help desk tickets related to all equipment, computers, server related to the station and all departments
• Provide support in network security and network setup
• Assist with audio/video equipment set-up and maintenance
• Assist Engineering Department with transmitter and Master Control maintenance
• Develop knowledge of facility IT needs, improve and implement new systems to support a growing and changing work environment
• Complete daily and weekly media and software maintenance
• Perform physical inventory of equipment, equipment replacement plans, and recycling of legacy equipment
• Consult and communicate with Engineering Management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Work in equipment racks, ladder climbing, installing hardware, running cables, and making connections. Able to lift generally less than 50 lbs.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision. Multi-tasked and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of AVID Interplay Administration a PLUS
• Experience in Audi/Video editing workflow, file system management, Windows OS or Server environments, Linux a PLUS
• Basic networking knowledge LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, IP and other basic concepts
• Team player and work effectively with all station departments receiving and communications instructions via phone, chat, email and in person
• Able to read and understand technical materials, including wiring diagrams
• Cable making, soldering and basic circuitry a PLUS
• Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
• Hold a valid driver's license
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bnyv-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.