Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Business Planning for the Executive KYAC department.
Housed within WarnerMedia's Studio and Networks Operating Unit, the Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics (GKYAC) brings together Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and Turner Classic Movies (TCM), as well as Cartoon Network Studios and Warner Bros. Animation. Among the iconic franchises, series and characters under the GKYAC banner are Looney Tunes, DC's animated Super Heroes, Rick and Morty, Craig of the Creek, the classic Hanna-Barbera library, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Warner Bros.' unrivalled film library, and many more.
GKYAC's mission is to be the premiere global provider of kids, family, young adults, and classics content and brands. The group supplies unique and compelling content for HBO MAX, WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer platform. Uniting these award-winning networks and innovative brands helps maximize opportunities and growth potential, both as standalone businesses and as content generators, to drive and support its franchises, cross-studio initiatives as well as ratings.
GKYAC's content is currently distributed in 192 countries around the world and the division's networks are in 500 million homes, delivered through more than 65 channels in 31 languages.
The KYAC Business Planning team leads the charge in developing and implementing strategies and growth initiatives focused on long-term value creation across the division. The group is integral in defining and achieving aggressive growth targets and significantly strengthening our global position and leadership. Team members are advisers and thought-leaders, leveraging insights and data, cultivating external business partnerships, and fostering a culture of innovation to ensure KYAC brands and content remain strong with fans and consumers. Responsibilities of the group include: (1) developing and implementing long-term strategy; (2) identifying growth opportunities; (3) nurturing internal and external partnerships; (4) identifying M&A and Investments.
The Manager of Business Planning will report to the Vice President of Business Development & Strategy and will support KYAC in the development of both short and long-term strategies and new growth opportunities. This position is a proactive role that requires a level of partnership and collaboration with KYAC business executives, their respective teams including Studios, Programming, Marketing, Finance and other cross-divisional partners. This person will be a strategic and critical thinker who is passionate about connecting the dots to bring a holistic perspective to the business. The ideal person is a nimble, go-getter who enjoys building relationships, collaborating with partners, answering big picture questions to help drive the business forward, strong storyteller and financially savvy.
• Providing financial and strategic support in development of cross-divisional and KYAC specific business growth strategies
• Evaluating new business development initiatives
• Assisting in the development of KYAC global long-term strategy.
• In partnership with Vice President, managing and supporting GKYAC strategic planning process, including development of key deliverables, planning milestones and timelines.
• Supporting and partnering with WM cross-divisional partners (e.g. Corporate Business Development and Strategy, HBO Max, Consumer Products, etc…) on the development of joint business strategies and growth opportunities.
• Preparing and providing financial models and strategic support in evaluating new business / new property development opportunities
• Preparing internal presentations highlighting strategic opportunity(ies), key considerations, financial and/or commercial benefits, etc. inclusive of industry/consumer trends and insights
• Demonstrated experience of distilling complex strategic decisions into clear and concise presentations, including creative problem-solving and high-level strategic thinking
• Financial Modeling, reporting, and presentation skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote)
• Capable of mastering the details while also having the ability to distill and elevate the most important points, clearly conveying them to the right audience
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing, deck building and all communication as well as an educated point of view
• ~5+ years of experience in strategy, consulting, corporate strategy, digital strategy or media and entertainment
• Passionate about media, tech and entertainment and avid consumer of entertainment
• Bachelor's degree required
• MBA degree highly preferred