Manager, Franchise Development
Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks a Director, Current Series Preschool for the WBA Creative Affairs department.
• Responsible for creative feedback for all preschool series made by Warner Brothers Animation and Cartoon Network Studios, providing approvals and/or notes on premises, outlines, storyboards, animatics, workprints and final episodes. This includes being the conduit for other departments (Standards and Practices, Childrens Consultant, Legal, etc.) for each series.
• Working closely with heads of department, act as creative expert for Franchise Management, Consumer Products, Digital/Gaming, PR, Marketing, Programming, HBO Max and CN International for each series. Provide relevant information such as creative direction, delivery information, stunt opportunities, and character/show positioning to all divisions.
• Special projects as assigned
• 7+ years of hands-on creative production experience or related areas in Preschool or Curriculum based entertainment production
• Network or studio experience in either current or development in a management capacity.
• Must be very well informed on all aspects of the animation industry including but not restricted to preschool entertainment
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and a strong knowledge of story.
• BA degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
• Builds and maintains collaborative relationships; Values the diversity of people, programming and perspectives; Displays the ability to work in a team environment and solicits input from a variety of individuals, departments, and divisions; Communicates effectively with others
• Sets challenging objectives and demonstrates a clear sense of urgency; Uses sound judgment and makes good decisions while considering relevant facts, investment of resources and financial implications; Produces and delivers the highest quality results aligned to personal and organizational goals; Allocates time and resources effectively
• Articulates an awareness of personal strengths and development areas with a clearly defined action plan for improvement; Learns from past experiences and makes adjustments in behaviors & approaches in future situations; Accepts additional challenges and responsibilities; Takes ownership and accountability for decisions and successes/failures
• Sees the ''big picture'' while also focused on the necessary action steps to accomplish the goal; Improves processes, methods and programs; Contributes innovative, creative and ''out of the box'' ideas; Considers tends in the industry and understands their relevance to our business
• Empowers employees through delegation, feedback and coaching; Leads by
• example and champions organizational strategies and goals; Selects, retains, rewards and develops top talent; Makes ''tough calls'' on performance issues in a timely, fair and consistent manner