Full Time Job
- Full Time
Job DescriptionAs part of the expansion of WarnerMedia Kids and Family business, Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe is joining Cartoon Network Studios (CNS) and Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) as the European hub for production.
Alongside industry leaders WBA and CNS, Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe will further
WarnerMedia's global kids content strategy. Combining the tremendous creative talents of the
animation community in the UK and across EMEA with the expertise and resources of the
overall studios group, Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe is poised to be a unique entity in the
world of animation. The studio will build on its award-winning pipeline of local productions
including The Amazing World of Gumball, The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe, and
Elliott from Earth while seeking out new production opportunities. The studio will focus on
developing and producing new originals while embodying the spirit of its beloved library of
characters, embracing the same high-quality, whimsical and classic look that enchanted Hanna-
Barbera's audiences for decades.
We are looking for a Development Executive to join the EMEA studio as we broaden out the range of content it is producing. In this role you will develop and be the subject matter expert for animated properties mainly focusing on Pre-School content.
What you'll be doing:
• Identify properties (library, original, third-party, etc.) to develop for animated series, shorts, videos, and online for Pre School, and when tasked, other demographics
• Oversee existing development deals by providing creative feedback during the pitch/script development process, and seek out new talent (i.e. writers, animators, producers, agents, and creators) for development
• Develop and maintain relationships with various WarnerMedia divisions – including HBO Max, KYAC, regarding animated Pre School series, and other properties when requested. Act as liaison between the WarnerMedia departments (Production, Business & Legal Affairs, etc.) to streamline the flow of information
• Oversee creation of bibles, scripts, storyboards and all other aspects of written development. Work on the design, look and feel of visual development
• Oversee internal and external presentations regarding Pre School content currently in production and development and key information regarding such content
What we're looking for:
• Experience in animation development and production required, with a focus on Pre School properties
• Experience working with Network Executives and Creative Management required
• Experience working with animation talent (producers, writers, directors, etc.) at all levels is essential
• Complete mastery of the animation development process is a must
• Experience working with overseas studios and networks on development and production, specifically Europe would be an advantage
• Travel will be required for this role
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve. See what we are doing for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging here at WarnerMedia: https://www.warnermedia.com.diversity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d227v2-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.