Housed within WarnerMedia's Studio and Networks Operating Unit, the Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics (GKYAC) brings together Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and Turner Classic Movies (TCM), as well as Cartoon Network Studios and Warner Bros. Animation. Among the iconic franchises, series and characters under the GKYAC banner are Looney Tunes, DC's animated Super Heroes, Rick and Morty, Craig of the Creek, the classic Hanna-Barbera library, Tom and Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Warner Bros.' unrivalled film library, and many more.
GKYAC's mission is to be the premiere global provider of kids, family, young adults, and classics content and brands. The group supplies unique and compelling content for HBO MAX, WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer platform. Uniting these award-winning networks and innovative brands helps maximize opportunities and growth potential, both as standalone businesses and as content generators, to drive and support its franchises, cross-studio initiatives as well as ratings.
GKYAC's content is currently distributed in 192 countries around the world and the division's networks are in 500 million homes, delivered through more than 65 channels in 31 languages.
WarnerMedia seeks a Content Operations Manager for the Programming department.
The KYAC Content Operations team manages and optimizes content assets across KYAC for delivery to Linear, Streaming, and Digital Platforms. The group works closely with multiple Warner Media departments, and with external content producers to ensure that KYAC content and metadata is delivered in an efficient and timely manner to meet business objectives. Team members are effective communicators who are innovative, process driven, and capable of seeing the big picture while staying focused on the operational complexities associated with multiple brands and studios. Responsibilities of the group include: (1) establishing and maintaining operational processes across KYAC Networks, Platforms, and Studios; (2) planning and communicating with centralized WM Systems and Partners, namely HBO Max, WB, and International; (3) developing media asset management policies and processes for multimedia files created or acquired by KYAC; (4) collaborating with technology and operations groups to identify and prioritize KYAC systems and technology needs.
The Content Operations Manager will be a key member of the Kids, Young Adult and Classics (KYAC) Content Operations team and will focus on content tracking, process/system development and communication across multiple brands and studios. This position will identify and communicate delivery specifications to content creators or distributors (Cartoon Network Studios, Warner Brothers Animation, Adult Swim, and 3rd Party Distributors) for content that will air across linear networks (Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies) and SVOD platforms, namely HBO Max. This position will report to the Director, KYAC Content Operations.
• Oversee Content/Asset Management that includes global air date tracking and reporting for all Kids, Young Adult and Classics and HBO Max content and metadata. Strong focus on implementing and maintaining consistent operational processes across KYAC brands, collaboration with HBO Max, Global alignment, and partnership with Technology & Operations to develop consistent processes across Business Units.
• Manage alignment of content metadata, including synopsis/loglines, titles information, air order, cast and crew, seasons, specials, keywords, genres, etc. with Brand Strategy to ensure that network and platform goals are met.
• Ensure content deliverables are accurate and populated across multiple systems of record (Smartsheet, Titles, META, ATOM, etc.) to meet distribution needs and timelines for HBO Max, Linear, WM Distribution and Global.
• Work collaboratively and build strong internal partnerships with studios, networks and platforms and other key stakeholders.
• Manage the worldwide incoming and outgoing flow of materials and metadata for 40 – 50 ongoing series as well as new original productions, acquired series and podcasts across Cartoon Network, Boomerang, adult swim, and HBO Max
• Drive data integrity in the master Smartsheets document for permission-based use around the world for all brands- milestone dates from concept to final production and global premieres. This tool will be used by all other departments to plan program scheduling, marketing strategies, and other creative asset production.
• 3-5 years of experience Programming, Scheduling, Operations, or Media Asset Management for broadcast, digital media, SVOD and/or AVOD organization or related experience
• Strong proficiency with data management and databases
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders
• Exceptional proficiency in SmartSheet
• Meticulous attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and organizational skills
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and other relevant software tools
• Ability to quickly and proactively learn or adapt to new tools as needed
• Must have a Bachelor's Degree in related field of study
• Taking smart risks and creating new opportunities for the business.
• Taking ownership in the results of the work and empowering others for the same through actionable feedback.
• Working in a fashion that drives quick, simple and efficient results and is iterative and flexible with priorities.
• Using effective partnerships across the organization, communicating proactively, and incorporating other viewpoints in the approach to the work.