Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note and Capitol's generations of pop stars just to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
Capitol Records is currently seeking a VP, Marketing that will be responsible for managing the marketing department's day-to-day operations and keeping the SVP apprised of significant events. The VP will take a leadership role in overseeing all of the groups systems, processes, workflows and procedures and create and manage the budget. They will have the ability to delegate projects and tasks to the right team members and assure that they are clearly communicating strategy and goals to the employees.
How you'll CREATE:
• Ownership of project ideation and lead the development of creative concepts and initiatives for Capitol Music Group artists.
• Collaborate with the promotion, sales, publicity, international departments to generate initiatives that support the label releases and projects.
• Develop and execute frontline album release marketing plans with a concentration on consumer-driven marketing.
• Act as primary liaison between artist and label, maintaining awareness of communication any artist issues, plans, sensitivities, etc. to the team while also diplomatically representing the label's interests to the artist.
• Communicate status of, and issues relating to, album releases to executives and all departments label wide.
• Consistently analyze results of marketing efforts as well as any other appropriate contextual market conditions; identify key opportunities and communicated these to the team.
• Effectively manage M&P budgets for assigned projects.
• Work with media buying department and research department to plan & book advertising campaigns for assigned projects.
• Oversee advertising and collateral creative process in conjunction with creative dept.
• Help direct international strategies, as well as communicate information and create appropriate tools for international territories for assigned projects.
• Coordinate artist appearances (publicity, radio, in stores) with internal departments as well as artists and any outside vendors (travel, equipment, etc.) ensuring that both the artists' and the label's needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
• Oversee the creation and timely delivery of all production elements and tools required for album releases.
• Secure strategic marketing placements and opportunities with outside corporate and entertainment partners.
• Understand the demographics that comprise artists' fan bases and, based on the assets delivered by artists, develop product suites to increase revenue streams.
• Seek to develop bonus content/material with artists and management to use for sales and promotional uses.
Bring your VIBE:
• Must have ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels (including senior management).
• Demonstrated team player, leadership and client relationship skills.
• Strong organization, planning, analytical, and time management skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Self-starter takes initiatives with new projects with ability to make cold calls.
• Experience driving marketing initiatives is highly preferred.
• Highly versatile individual with great attention to detail and dedication to high quality work.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word.
• Strong communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management, bringing concepts to life.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, collaboration, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through.
• Extensive experience in media, entertainment, brand and/or agency industries required.
• Experience breaking new artists with a keen understanding of current market conditions, trends and best practices.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pzw7-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.