Capitol Music Group
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
Provides administrative support related to the production and operational aspects of the recording process, including but not limited to – administering recording budgets, facilitating producer/side artist contracts and tracking all turn-in requirements. Gathers label copy & metadata as it relates to completing whitesheets/Studio Hub and packaging copy and other production-related tasks.
How you'll CREATE:
• Maintain a practical and technical working knowledge of the Label Group Release Schedule as well as internal production grids and deadlines.
• Work cross-divisionally between the A&R and Finance departments ensuring budgets are up-to-date and tracking production expenses related to each project.
• Draft and distribute Cover Pages for producers/mixers/remixers on a project-to-project basis. Follow up regularly to encourage quick execution of agreements. Serve as a liaison with Business Affairs ensuring we have the appropriate agreements for the producers and others.
• Draft side artist agreements for featured and/or co-primary artists on a project-to-project basis. Follow up regularly to encourage quick execution of agreements.
• Manage final turn in requirements with Post-Production Engineer and Manager, A&R Administration on each project.
• Request payments for producers/mixers/remixers as well as invoice expenses as projects progress through UMG's Finance system, Uniport.
• Send updated producer packs to producers at the beginning of each project.
• Perform monthly reconciliation of all current projects to ensure that production expenses are being booked properly and that all expenses are accounted for as well as prepare most up-to-date expenditure data for all current and upcoming projects for monthly forecasting meeting with the Finance team.
• Assist in researching and verifying metadata and label copy in order to submit completed whitesheets/Studio Hub to the Production team; insuring accuracy for system setup and royalty purposes.
• Gather packaging copy credits (lyrics, artist, producer, musician, studio credits, thank you's, liner notes, etc.). Meet assigned deadlines without error.
• Help facilitate AFM (American Of Federation of Musicians) contracts processed through TEAM within two days of the date received; request low budget rates within three days of commencement of the recording process, update musician database; process musician time-cards as needed; and respond to AFM inquiries the same day they are received.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, in writing and in person.
• Proven people skills.
• Strong proofreading skills.
• Detail and excellence oriented.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively within a fast paced environment.
• Proactive and self-motivated, needs little supervision to meet deadlines.
• Working knowledge of label operations, publishing and licensing.
• 2-4 years of relevant experience in administrative role or comparable experience
• College degree preferred
• Regularly required to sit
• Requires motor skills to operate a keyboard and basic office equipment
• Occasionally required to stand and walk
• Ability to communicate over the phone and in person
• Occasionally required to lift up to 25lbs
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9x0x-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.