Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
The Marketing Director will serve within the Re:Think label. Re:Think is the innovative distribution and label services arm of Capitol CMG. Re:Think is dedicated to championing and serving the labels and artists of tomorrow by using the latest strategies and tactics in the ever-evolving landscape of music.
The Marketing Director is expected to build business through carrying relationships, executing release plans, and implementing processes that improve services internally & externally (Re:Think partners, CCMG staff and accounts).
The ideal candidate will use a proactive approach to help serve Re:Think partners by building relationships on collaboration, candor, and two-way communication. This includes external business partners such as artists, managers, and accounts as well as internal cross-function, cross-divisional relationships.
How you'll CREATE:
• Lead recurring partner meetings with Re:Think roster
• Build release plans in collaboration with Senior Director of Marketing and VP of Market Development
• Oversee and manage all project dates, deadlines, turn-ins and tasks related to the assigned artist roster
• Maintain frequent communication with Re:Think roster, giving feedback, solving problems and bringing ideas
• Work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders (Commercial Partnerships, Worship Together, National Promotion, Digital Rights, Digital Marketing, Media Buying, etc) to oversee execution of marketing and release plans for Re:Think artists
• Ensure all assets are delivered on time to Commercial Partnerships and Project Management Team
• Communicate album release reports to partners
• Analyze streaming and social media data to inform strategy and provide data reports for Re:Think partners
• Oversee Re:Think social media accounts
• Gather financial reports, streaming trends, presentation decks, etc. for leadership team
• Oversee artist and marketing-driven events. May include securing venues, gear rentals, and coordinating internal meetings
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
• Very strong organizational skills
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and be able to assess and creatively solve problems
• Understanding of digital music and publishing fundamentals
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
• Ability to work with limited supervision and with multiple stakeholders/individuals in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently
• Proven Project Management Skills
• Ability to develop marketing plans
• Ability to develop strong professional relationships, including artist and artist managers
• Must be discreet and professional at all times and maintain absolute confidentiality as this position regularly handles sensitive information.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in music industry, preferably in management or marketing
• College degree preferred
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pjq9-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.