Virgin Music Label and Artist Services is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group (CMG), providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Virgin Music artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
Virgin Music is looking for a coordinator of the Commercial Marketing team whose primary responsibilities are to assist the Head of Commercial Marketing and coordinate the Commercial Marketing department with account relations support and day-to-day workflow. Additionally, this role will work with our labels/managers/artists to develop and execute campaigns and processes to navigate the best course to market for their releases. The coordinator will report directly to the Head of Commercial Marketing and will be across all facets of the Commercial Marketing team and department.
How you'll CREATE:
• Assist the Head of Commercial Marketing with various administrative tasks.
• Working directly with Virgin Music labels on identifying opportunities for their release schedule, organizing calls + agendas, taking meeting minutes, and ensuring goals are being met via reporting and Virgin team communications
• Regularly respond to emails sharing new release information and updates
Meeting Management, Webinars & Conference Presentations:
• Soliciting and distributing agendas, keeping meetings to time, distributing call notes/meeting minutes, and maintaining pace on action items and follow-ups
• Running/Hosting webinars, including the coordination of registrants, flyer design, and working with the team on presentation building
Commercial Team Support: Various support functions include;
• Writing and distributing release one-sheets/project overviews
• Soliciting pricing, P&L's with finance and physical distribution team
• Copywriting and coordinating approvals for new releases and commercial newsletter updates
• Coordinating video IDs and scripts from artist teams promoting new releases
• Coordinating artist and label playbacks with key DSP / retail partners
• Monitoring DSP and retail Social Media properties and documenting/communicating when featured
• Obtain necessary internal approvals on a needed basis with the finance and legal departments
• Asset solicitations internally and externally
• Distributing mailouts to partners
• Pull, compile, analyze, and maintain regular daily/weekly reports including chart placements, sales performance, and shipment analysis
• Conduct research and communicate findings
• Weekly visibility recaps of release placement across DSP/Retail stores
• Liaise directly with managers and artists during specific promo events to ensure execution runs smoothly
Bring your VIBE:
• Strong work ethic and an excellent communicator with the ability to anticipate needs and follow up's ahead of being asked
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Ability to work under high pressure and speed
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Must be process orientated and can create processes to streamline efficiencies and create solutions
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external partners
• Must be flexible, able to multitask, and manage time effectively
• Minimum 1 year of executive assistant and/or coordinator experience
• Extensive experience with MS Office applications, Photoshop a bonus
• Prior experience with industry consumption dashboards and tools
• Music Industry experience preferred
• College degree preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, Two (2) paid weeks for ''Winter Break'' season, Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4m9nq-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.