Video Producer, TikTok (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial
Salary: 29/hr USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Freelance Producer with a deep knowledge of video production, social media (specifically TikTok), and the internet to create compelling videos for several exciting new TikTok channels. You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand, delivering on our measures of success, and within budget. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, and professional in high-pressure situations. You have a deep understanding of virality, the ability to craft compelling and engaging material across a range of subjects, and a passion for content creation.
This is a project-based freelance position based in BuzzFeed's NY office, available to start immediately.
• Work closely with the TikTok lead & team to create compelling, engaging and creative short form video content for our social media channels.
• Illustrate video concepts, create and identify new formats for internal & external creators through an understanding of brand POV, analytics, our needs, and the digital landscape.
• Participate in pre-production, including casting/talent sourcing, coordinating equipment and studio resources, acquiring props/art/stage dressing, and location booking.
• Assist in day-of producing and directing talent.
• Provide feedback to internal & external video producers to ensure all video assets align with brand POV & platform best practices.
• Execute post-production adaptations from any LIVE to on-demand content, including editing, sound mixing, and finishing.
• Manage production queue, asset delivery, and publishing calendar.
• Translate analytics from social team into future content decisions & ensure consistent audience growth. Update relevant teams on account growth, areas of opportunity, and suggest strategy pivots when necessary.
• Stay on top of viral content, trending media within different niches, and platform best practices.
• 2 or more years of experience with all aspects of video production, from ideation to cameras, lighting, audio mixing, editing, and finishing (sound mixing, color correction, and output).
• 2 or more years experience creating compelling content for social media, specifically TikTok.
• Proven track record of growing social media channels.
• High-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, etc.)
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in establishing strong creative & compelling narratives across multiple content buckets.
• A deep understanding of social media, specifically TikTok, and what makes content shareable.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• A sense of humor & willingness to appear on camera.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83j4x-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.