Los Angeles, CA
Video Producer (Project Based)
Pero Like is looking for a Video Producer to join our team. The Video Producer will support Pero Like across multiple platforms by creating short form content from a Latinx perspective. Pero Like reaches 5 million global fans, with a mission to elevate, inform and entertain the Latinx community.
In this role you will collaborate with the Supervising Producer and fellow producers to create videos for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Tiktok. You will excel in an autonomous remote work environment and can juggle multiple priority projects at once. We're looking for someone who is willing to take on new challenges with a curious attitude and who can also shine on camera! You MUST be excited by the challenges of new content initiatives and can handle a fluctuating workload. Creativity and a collaborative spirit are essential for this role!
The role is based out of the LA office, but candidates should be willing to work remotely during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
• Based on our needs, ideate, shoot and edit your own content, or adapt/improve content & formats we already have in place.
• Implement feedback from Pero Like & our data team to make your videos more engaging and shareable.
• Provide creative notes on your videos and other team members videos.
• Stay in the know about what's trending online in the Latinx community and successfully iterate off that content.
• Collaborate with the team to grow Pero Like's reach and audience.
• Work with a production manager on budget and logistics for your video.
• 2+ years of experience creating digital video content & excel under the pressure of a deadline
• Ability to engage with an audience on camera, on a panel or fan meet & greet
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and the entire CC suite
• Are comfortable with most video codecs and formats
• Ability to manage multiple projects throughout the various stages of production
• Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram or Facebook
• Passionate about the internet and creating digital video content for the Latinx community
• Great communication skills and can give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Experience in front and behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound equipment
• Intersectional and mindful with your storytelling. We want producers who celebrate inclusivity.
• Remote recording experience preferred
Work with a production manager on budget and logistics for your video. All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.