BuzzFeed is looking for a creative and resourceful video producer who can help build compelling Tasty programming and shows for our Facebook and YouTube pages. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media, food content, and emerging technology/platforms. The ideal candidate has a background in independent video production and an obsession with storytelling and creating food content. You'll develop, produce, and edit video content, as you report directly to the supervising producer of the team. Additionally, you'll work collaboratively with other producers on your team in both LA and NYC, as well as with other teams across BuzzFeed.
• Create, shoot, edit, and produce Tasty content and shows
• Develop concepts for internal Tasty shows and assist in the development of external Tasty show concepts
• Produce, shoot, and edit Tasty show sizzles and pilots
• Work collaboratively with other producers, chefs, and talent on getting pilots ready for season
• Make creative, fun, and social-driven food shows that people will like and share across our platforms
• Analyze the results of your work to learn from pilot tests and improve Tasty series, particularly with regard to audience response and performance metrics
• 3-5 years of experience with video production and familiarity with DSLR cameras, lighting, editing, and audio recording.
• 3-5 years proven experience creating compelling food content for the web
• Strong passion for food/cooking shows, both digital and linear
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
• A competitive drive -- you enjoy challenging yourself and really going for it
• Ability to work on your own as well as in small teams
• A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v9e5-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.