Associate Social Media Strategist, Commerce
New York, NY
TIkTok Producer (project based)
BuzzFeed is seeking a social/video producer to adapt our Community, List, and Quiz content for TikTok. This person will work with the editorial team to coordinate, create and edit short-form social-first content across BuzzFeed's TikTok channels as well as launch new ones.
The ideal candidate is super creative and detail-oriented, as well as obsessed with internet trends and BuzzFeed Quizzes. You have a good eye for what performs well on TikTok and are interested in making content exclusively for this platform. You're immersed in the latest trends, memes, and challenges and aren't afraid to try them for yourself. You've experimented with many different TikTok formats and have a strong intuition for what will or won't work on the platform.
• Create and implement editorial calendar for posting
• May create quizzes/lists specifically designed for TikTok platform
• Regularly posting new TikTok videos on a day-to-day basis, experimenting with different interactive formats, and quickly iterating off successful/trending content
• Find creative ways to adapt relevant archival BuzzFeed content
• Input and track data and performance.
• Work with the publishing team to leverage BuzzFeed social channels for growth
• Train/collaborate with writers to adapt content for TikTok
• Goaled on driving brand awareness for BuzzFeed Quizzes and Community, as well as driving traffic from TikTok to BuzzFeed.com
• Help maintain our collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and willingness to share knowledge and insights with team members
• An obsession and deep understanding of TikTok
• Enthusiasm for BuzzFeed Quizzes
• Expertise on how to reach younger audiences on social platforms
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• At least one year of video editing experience in an educational or professional setting
• Photoshop skills, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Illustrator skills are a major plus
• Interest in social platforms and data
• Ability to work independently and under close direction
• Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.