Remote / Virtual
This role focuses on ensuring the smooth intake of creative projects into our video production / studio pipeline, as well as maintaining the ongoing integrity of creative support systems like new hire curriculum and production best practices. The ideal candidate will have the ability to quickly identify conflicts within the system and provide swift solutions to keep individual productions on schedule and properly resourced, as well as provide feedback into future improvements to management and collaborators alike. This position reports into the associate director of studio operations and has direct reports.
• Approve on-campus requests, coordinating and balancing needs for client deadlines, campus capacity, and resource availability.
• Steward video productions through our studio operations pipeline, providing contextual awareness of studio resource availability and capacity to other productions and initiatives in the pipeline.
• Quickly identify potential downrange conflicts for individual productions entering our studio pipeline, including resource availability, safety / liability concerns, etc.
• Provide frequent and accurate reporting on the status of productions and initiatives to other ops partners.
• Manage documentation for creative and studio services policies, best practices, etc.
• Create, build, and maintain training systems for new hires on both creative and operations teams, including documentation, programs, and video learning tools.
• Field consultation requests for the Creative & Studio Services team, and either handle those consultations or direct to appropriate colleagues.
• Proactively connect with teams outside of Creative and Studio Services to gather critical information about gaps in process, support, or other operational efficiencies.
• Partner with Video Operations supervisors and managers to identify opportunities for new, lower lift processes that add agility and flexibility to our systems.
• Manage initiatives by setting benchmarks and keeping collaborating teams involved, connected, and accountable.
• Manage the workload and delegation of projects and initiatives to reports.
• Studio or production operations experience; experience with managing high volumes of content a plus
• Knowledge of video and creative production resource requirements
• Knowledge of production and operations best practices
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects
• Educational experience a plus
• Experience in craft-based production roles, like camera, lighting, art direction and/or sound a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7xpq-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.