BuzzFeed is searching for dependable Stagehands to join our Creative and Studio Services team. The Stagehand's responsibilities include setting up and testing lighting and other equipment, assisting cast and crew with understanding stage use expectations, and making adjustments to sets.
To be successful as a Stagehand, you should enjoy working with your hands and be prepared to learn new skills on the job. Outstanding candidates are self-starters with a can-do attitude and excellent attention to detail.
• Move, set up, and test lighting, sound, props, and other equipment according to set requirements.
• Assemble production rigging and support structures and breaking them down when the production is over.
• Inspect lighting, sound, and other equipment, and ensure that everything is plugged into the correct power source.
• Build and decorate sets, and make set adjustments when necessary.
• Perform a variety of maintenance tasks to ensure stages are safe.
• Ensure all signs and posted policies are visible within the stages and adhered to during productions.
• Sweep the stage between productions and report any unsatisfactory resets to stage management.
• Run errands when required.
• Experience in one or more of the following categories:
• Carpentry or construction
• Electrical distribution
• Film rigging
• Film lighting
• Production assistance
• An ability to collaborate with others.
• An ability to focus and follow instructions to meet deadlines.
• A desire to constantly expand your skills and knowledge of production work.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo78y-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.