Senior Writer, Shopping
Los Angeles, CA
The Shopping team's mission is to provide a service to our readers by carefully curating shopping content, ultimately minimizing the work they need to do to find products and services that will help them live their lives better. We do this through loads of product research, brand discovery, product testing and data analytics. Our goal is to turn BuzzFeed into a shopping destination people return to regularly, because we've established trust with our readers through our devotion to quality, authenticity, and diversity. We strive to combine great product-curation with an entertaining writing style and relatable POV, so even if the products aren't right for a reader, they can click away feeling like their time was well-spent.
We are looking for a writer for a full-time position on this team. The ideal candidate is an experienced and conversational writer and editor with proven skill in consumer- and shopping-related or other lifestyle content. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you!
• Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
• Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
• Write and edit shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
• Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics in order to strategically pitch new ideas
• Previous shopping / eCommerce writing experience OR equivalent experience with other kinds of service-journalism
• Previous experience with affiliate data and networks a plus
• Strong attention to detail
• Genuine love for the internet and eCommerce
• Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
• Willingness to work on branded content as needed
FYI - just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
• Create a profile on BuzzFeed and draft a couple of shopping roundups or short product reviews that show off your internet chops, writing prowess, and how well you get the BuzzFeed voice and style (For examples, see here.) Do not publish the posts (or they might get deleted by the system). Please include a link to your BuzzFeed profile in your cover letter.
If this position isn't an ideal fit, but you're interested in an editorial role at BuzzFeed in the Commerce or Lifestyle space, please send us your resume! Our team is growing and we may have other Writer/Editor opportunities that could be a fit. If we sense a potential match, our team will reach out with the next steps.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.