About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
The Senior Branded Project Manager is responsible for the strategic and tactical management of 1 or more Project Management teams handling branded opportunities from pre-sale through launch. This position works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that programs are executed to the highest standards of both BuzzFeed and the sponsoring partner and that internal process is optimized to hit both internal and external KPIs.
The position is based in our LA office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to screenings, educational opportunities, and special events.
• Act as supervisor to assigned team/verticals/products
• Responsible for day to day employee supervision of team roles falling under the assigned team
• Responsible for the overall health of team's active programs, ensuring deliverables meet the requirements of internal and external stakeholders
• Problem-solve between inter-departmental teams on a daily basis
• Manage larger, more strategic incoming opportunities during the video pitch process
• Maintain a firm understanding of the overall branded process, holding your team to a high standard of execution on a day-to-day basis
• Identify efficiencies in the process and spearhead impactful change across the team
• When necessary - communicate directly with clients on process, answering/asking questions related to production throughout a program
• Participate in/attend client calls/meetings where concepts & high-level strategy is discussed
• Work with Business Operations and Sales to track opportunities and ensure they remain in scope as they make their way through the sales pipeline
• Key participation in the development of new video products, offerings, and initiatives
• Attend shoots when necessary
• Provide strategic support in maintaining a high level of vertical knowledge & excellence
• Act as a deciding voice on the interview committee for open roles on assigned team
• Work with Director of Project Management and Operations on company-wide initiatives including but not limited to: re-organizations, process implementation, improvement, etc.
• Grow the Project Management team's working relationship with key internal stakeholders
• Act as a key participant in any other larger process/problem-solving initiatives across the Project Management organization
• 5 years experience at an agency or competitive media or publishing company
• 2 years direct management experience handling a team of 3 or more employees
• Significant experience with a wide array of brands, particularly in dedicated verticals
• Advanced knowledge of video pre-production, production, and post-production, including workflows and processes, equipment and software programs/tools
• History of Innovative, strategic thinking and planning skills
• Strong communication skills required
• Ability to work under pressure and with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers and subject matter experts, both at the corporate and business levels
• Knowledge of marketing and video branding is a MUST
• Motivated by creative excellence
• No haters
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9o9q-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.