Product Marketing Manager
New York, NY
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile partner manager to join a growing affiliate team. In this role, you will manage a diverse suite of ongoing projects, communicate fluidly with client partners, and have a keen attention to detail. As the Senior Affiliate Manager, you will oversee the full paid affiliate partnership pipeline, supporting sales leads in building our partner correspondence and strategies, ensuring all Affiliate Managers and supporting teams are operating fluidly and that all business touch-points are pacing towards team paid goals. While we are working remote until Summer 2021, you will be tied to our New York headquarters and be expected to work out of that office once we are back in the office.
• Be the primary contact for paid affiliate strategies and program management
• Work with sales leads to help build and maintain successful performance partnerships
• Partner with the BuzzFeed editorial team to identify areas for optimization, new paid placements opportunities, and partners of interest
• Manage an on-going editorial paid production schedule while also monitoring the success of paid partner programs once live
• Make use of historical program insights to identify new paid placement opportunities and areas of growth both within and outside of our affiliate program
• Assist sales team in external partner communications for campaigns including program strategy and pre-sale negotiations
• Work with internal editorial, tech, business and sales team members to brainstorm and implement multi-faceted partnerships for our affiliate brands
• Work with affiliate and sales team leads to maintain prospect lists for new partnerships, targets, and seasonal programs
• 5+ years of working experience within a management or client-facing role.
• Experience within a cross-functional role that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising, PR or editorial strategy.
• Have a general knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce goals; an ability to layer that knowledge to produce meaningful insights, counsel and planning for our partners' goals
• Experience with accomplishing successful collaborations across teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal goals
• Ongoing success in driving new client acquisition, retention and growth
• A history of unique programs with a positive and collaborative mindset
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.