New York, NY
BuzzFeed is currently hiring! We're looking for a Social Media Strategist to join our O&O team and help us grow Buzzfeed.com's traffic across social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok! We're looking for someone who knows social, knows the internet and can utilize that knowledge to contribute to effective strategy across a number of brands.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely, and expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
This role reports to our Sr. Social Media Strategist, O&O.
• Work on strategy designed to increase traffic to Buzzfeed.com from platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok, identifying areas of opportunity and the content + publishing strategy needed to deliver against key performance benchmarks
• Publish Buzzfeed.com content across a number of social media platforms
• Help the O&O social publishing team create promotional strategies and pursue new opportunities to increase traffic
• Ideate on creative strategy around target events and branded opportunities
• Analyze and craft reports on social performance and trends, messaging key results to O&O social team, as well as non-social stakeholders
• 1-2 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• People management experience a plus
• Experience publishing to multiple social platforms and with using photoshop a huge plus
• Ability to leverage data to understand online users' consumption behaviors
• A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
• A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, etc., and why content on those platforms blows up
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.