Social Media Freelancer (Project-Based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Video freelancer to join our team. You will work on social video strategy, and have a hand in video publishing on all social platforms.
• Work on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok video publishing.
• Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and video creators to achieve goals and meet deadlines, analyzing and reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities.
• Embed with brand-focused video teams, like Pero Like and Nifty, and help them set up their content for success on various social platforms.
• Launch accounts and grow audiences on emerging video platforms like TikTok. Work on emerging platform features like Instagram reels. Adapt existing content to better suit these platforms.
• Engage with the BuzzFeed community across platforms.
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• 1-2 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• Social media reporting experience and data analysis skills
• An understanding of social video and how to optimize it for different platforms.
• Preferably experience with lightweight video editing/ knowledge of Adobe Premiere
• An understanding of virality and the media landscape
• Be a self-motivated person who isn't afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
• Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
• Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.