BuzzFeed UK is looking for a shopping- and products-focused writer for a fixed-term position in our London office. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented and entertaining content for a shopping-minded audience (see our ''Shopping'' and ''Reviews'' pages for examples) .
The ideal candidate is an experienced and conversational writer with talent in consumer- and shopping-related content creation. SEO experience is a plus. You'll help our audience discover great products through entertaining and informative formats, from themed roundups to personal reviews and more. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you!
• Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
• Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
• Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics.
• Previous experience/internship writing for a magazine or website about consumer products, or exemplary blogging/writing experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
• A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
• Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
• Strong understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
• Previous affiliate experience a big plus
FYI - just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
• In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
• Discuss your shopping habits (e.g.: what do you always buy in-store vs. online, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people don't know about, etc.).
• Tell us about a couple of products that you're obsessed with.
• Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oxwv-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.