Senior Writer, Branded Content
New York, NY
BuzzFeed is looking for full-time writers who can contribute product-focused SEO articles to the BuzzFeed Shopping team. Writers should expect to be assigned posts based on your SEO expertise.
• Write well-researched SEO-based product roundups and update them based on performance, including but not limited to: home, fashion, beauty, automotive, tech, gifting, pet care, and more.
• Update and redirect existing BuzzFeed Shopping posts based on SEO best practices.
• Take assignments from BuzzFeed Editors at will based on SEO research and analysis.
• Monitor and use traffic data to pitch new story ideas, keep on top of competitors, and help report wins and losses in organic and discover current stories.
• Optimize any product links that are included in posts.
• Follow our Shopping team's best practices and meet our editorial standards by choosing and describing products in a thoughtful, informative way that matches the BuzzFeed voice.
• Experience with SEO and an interest in Google search and ranking.
• Previous experience writing lists and shopping content (affiliate content a plus).
• A love for getting a little analytical in content.
• The ability to describe products in both an entertaining and descriptive way.
• Previous affiliate experience is a big plus.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.