New York, NY
Senior Social Media Strategist, Commerce (Paid Deals)
BuzzFeed is looking for a Senior Social Media Strategist to join our team. You will work on the Commerce Editorial Social Team and have a hand in all social platforms. This role will focus heavily on creating social strategy around paid partner deals. We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office. This role reports to our Lead Social Media Strategist, Commerce.
• Work with Lead Social Media Strategist to help define day-to-day operations and commerce-related publishing priorities content on all social platforms
• Develop social strategy for existing paid partner deals and partner with affiliate business team to pitch new strategy in partner deal proposals
• Help commerce social develop promotion strategies and pursue new opportunities to increase traffic/revenue outputs
• Ideate and lead creative strategy around major sale tentpoles and events
• Analyze and craft reports on social performance and trends, messaging key results to shopping team and beyond
• Engage with the BuzzFeed community across platforms
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• 3+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• 1+ years of people management experience
• Experience working in e-commerce or shopping a huge plus
• Experience with Photoshop is a plus
• Ability to leverage data to understand online customers' buying behaviors
• A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
• A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
• A positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.