About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Business
Job Category: International Content
Salary band: 57,000-64,000 GBP
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is looking for a Senior Publishing Strategist to join our team in London.
Known for our trending content, creator talent, news and entertainment, and of course, some of the Tastiest food on the Internet, this is a role for a social media expert who understands how publishers can excel in the era of creators.
You will create BuzzFeed Inc.'s UK publishing strategy across TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, and building our O&O presence in search engines and third parties.
You will communicate insights to content creators and be fluent with data reporting. It will be your responsibility to promote engagement, and you will be encouraged to get creative and turn radical thinking into specific actions that impact brainstorming, publishing and optimisation.
Working for leading brands including BuzzFeed, Tasty and Seasoned, this is an opportunity to bring the best of the internet to a diverse young audience of millions.
• Develop a new data-led publishing strategy for BuzzFeed Inc.'s UK media brands that grows vertical video and optimises performance on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
• Deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly data reporting which contains relevant insights for creators and measures performance of brands and content against target.
• Create benchmarks and targets for specific metrics, platforms and internal creators that increase growth inline with our goals.
• Brainstorm with content creators, delivering data-led insights that promote engagement and grow the relevance, credibility and accessibility of our content and media brands
• Understand Gen Z and Millennial audiences and be tapped into the latest trends and formats
• Manage relationships with social platforms and third parties, adapting quarterly to platform changes and stay up-to-date with new products
• Support knowledge sharing and collaboration across BuzzFeed Inc.'s media brands, both in the UK and around the world
• Report to Executive Director for Branded Content in the UK.
• An understanding of analytics tools and platform data, the ability to dissect data and communicate findings to content creators to improve understanding of content performance
• A understanding of TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter and what content on those platforms perform well
• A detailed knowledge of the UK digital media landscape and BuzzFeed Inc.'s local and international competitors
• Experience leading debriefs and post mortems with creators that analyse content performance across key metrics
• A proficiency with Photoshop and Premiere Pro would be an advantage
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reqmo8-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.