Product Manager, Data
New York, NY
We're looking for an experienced product manager to grow our BuzzFeed News flagship site and app. You will have a passion for news, leading a team to launch and improve impactful products. With a small team to start, you will initially create a strategy to grow, retain, and monetize our news audience while improving on the experience we have today. This is a highly visible and impactful role to help determine the future of our news products with a lot of potential for growth.
BuzzFeed News is not any newsroom. We are a team of dogged and creative journalists who report to people on the internet, in the language of the internet. Our tagline, ''Reporting To You,'' reminds us of what - and who - we're here for. Our mission is to report to you: We cover what you care about, break big stories that hold major institutions to account, and expose injustices that change people's lives - all while averaging over 50 million unique monthly readers.
• You will partner closely with the Executive Editor, newsroom leadership, and technology leadership to develop and execute on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for BuzzFeed News.
• Your responsibility over the BuzzFeed News experience will span BuzzFeedNews.com, the BuzzFeed News App, and our Google AMP, Facebook Instant Articles, and Apple News pages.
• You will work with our apps team to build any BuzzFeed News app projects.
• You will be responsible for thinking about how people are using BuzzFeed News products and how to achieve business success by meeting user needs.
• You will set OKRs, write project plans, prioritize the team's work, and communicate and coordinate the team's plans with partners within and outside of the Newsroom.
• Experienced: You have 4+ years of hands-on experience launching and managing digital products, ideally for a news consumer experience.
• Collaborative and communicative: You have an ability to work well and communicate with engineers, designers, and data scientists - experience working with journalists and business partners is a plus.
• Curious and analytical: You are proficient in data and insights. You regularly size opportunities and don't merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate and dive into the numbers and research to find novel insights and new product ideas.
• Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to work with and help influence senior leaders across the company to promote the team's vision and product strategy in a complex problem space.
• User focused: You have a deep empathy for user problems and use this to identify solutions to enhance and improve their experience
• Passion for journalism: You have a passion for journalism and believe in the mission of BuzzFeed News.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.