Podcast Programming Manager
New York, NY
Senior Podcast Producer (Project-Based)
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Senior Audio Producer who can lead all aspects of production for a daily podcast. The ideal candidate is passionate about pop culture, celebrity, and everything else that's happening on the internet. Candidates should be comfortable operating under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment and have a good sense of humor. This is a project-based role.
• Lead daily pitch sessions
• Book and prep interviews
• Work with hosts and fellow producer to script each segment of the show
• Help guide episode recordings and coach hosts through interviews
• Track down soundbites and clips
• Work with audio engineer and post-production manager to make edits
• E dit podcast segments as needed
• Provide post-show feedback
• Collaborate with team on creative tweaks to show format
• Provide support and creative input to ensure ongoing quality and audience growth
• At least 3-5 years of experience working in podcasts or radio, ideally a daily show
• Outstanding writing and communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong editorial judgment and command of current events, including politics, culture, entertainment, and social media
• Ability to multitask and work creatively in a high-pressure environment
• Proficiency in audio editing with Pro Tools
• Efficiency in editing interviews under tight deadlines
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.