Senior Analyst, Finance
London, United Kingdom
BuzzFeed has an opening for an experienced Senior Accountant based out of our London office (we are currently in the WFH environment into 2021). Reporting to our Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for oversight of the general ledger, support of the monthly, quarterly & year end close processes for the UK and multiple international subsidiaries, adherence to internal controls, and ad hoc tasks. You will assist with the local statutory audits of the UK group as well as international subsidiaries where applicable.
As a member of a growing and fast-paced team, you will be an integral part of the Accounting team to support BuzzFeed's advancing business. Process driven, an analytical mindset, and excellent communication skills are necessary for this role. Additionally, as with any position involving financial responsibility, a sharp eye for detail is paramount.
You will be based in our London office and will report to the Accounting Manager.
• Maintain the general ledger and prepare financial reports for the UK entity and its subsidiaries, as well as perform consolidation and elimination entries where necessary
• Assist with local statutory audits where applicable, liaising both internally and externally as required
• Assist with the month end close process for all international entities including but not limited to all month end journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
• Investigate and resolve audit findings, accounting discrepancies and issues of non-compliance
• Work with external advisors in local markets to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual statutory filings are completed on time including but not limited to VAT returns, ECSL and withholding taxes
• Work with appropriate internal stakeholders to identify areas for improvement in policies and procedures
• Support the parent company, BuzzFeed Inc, with global shared services where necessary for example A/P and A/R functions, group statutory audit and other adhoc tasks
• Manage junior staff on the team as assigned
• Maintain appropriate financial confidentiality
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks
• Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualification
• Previous experience in industry Accounting post qualification, with additional experience working in public practice prior to that a plus (eg; during training)
• Experience working for a US headquartered company is preferable
• Broad knowledge of all Accounting functions and their contribution to the 'bigger picture'
• Working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
• Understanding of statutory audit procedures in the UK
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions) and suite of programs
• Knowledge of NetSuite or similar Accounting software package (SAP, Access Dimensions)
• Knowledge of Concur
• Attention to detail in accuracy and presentation of documentation and reporting
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.