BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Revenue Accountant to join our growing Accounting team at BuzzFeed. This candidate will be a key member of our Team with a focus on assisting and executing time efficient month-end close processes. This position will also be a critical partner with our FP&A, Tax, Business Development and other teams.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and relationship building skills and be an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a high-growth, deadline-driven environment. The Revenue Accountant will work on multiple projects at once and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners. The Revenue Accountant may also be involved in other Accounting & Finance activities as needed. This position will report to the Senior Revenue Manager.
• Execute monthly revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with GAAP, including verifying delivery reporting for advertising programs for completeness and alignment with insertion orders
• Prepare revenue/deferred revenue journal entries and account reconciliations
• Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting requirements, along with support for our financial statement audits
• Develop a strong understanding of BuzzFeed products and pricing to ensure media plan and revenue recognition accuracy
• Help with the ongoing evaluation of systems, processes and controls
• Assist with special projects as needed
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
• 2+ years in an accounting and/or finance role, focus on revenue recognition preferred
• Advanced Excel skills a must, NetSuite experience a plus
• System savvy and ability to work with different applications and databases
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently, yet cooperatively and constructively, in a team environment
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk8p1-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.