Director, National Media
Los Angeles, CA
This position is responsible for supporting the successful scale of our business by maintaining optimal resource utilization and processing products. They will work closely with the Creative Leads and Operations to set projects up for success by managing, fulfilling and reporting day-to-day staffing requests and/or changes, taking into consideration project planning and resource bandwidth. Additionally they will work cross functionally to plan processes for new products.
• Collaborate with Sales and Account Managers to understand the staffing needs on all active projects, as well as the pipeline of potential upcoming projects
• Understand capabilities and interests of all internal resources
• Assign resources to both pitch and produce projects promptly, while taking bandwidth, capabilities and interests into consideration
• Facilitate communication cross functionally between stakeholder teams to determine a clear process for new products
• Solicit feedback on product workflow and the resourcing process and make adjustments as needed
• Maintain and provide on-going visibility into resource utilization and availability
• Create training materials to detail new product processes to support Creative Teams
• Communicate freelance needs and/or outsourced personnel needs to BuzzFeed's in-house physical production team
• Serve as liaison between internal teams and the Product Marketing Team to set a baseline for new product materials
• Provide weekly staffing progress updates to team leads and management
• Experience as a resource manager or project manager with heavy involvement in resourcing in an agency or production environment
• Knowledge of video and creative production resource requirements
• Knowledge and passion for social and viral advertising.
• Strong communication, written and presentation skills required
• Superior organization and multitasking skills
• Ability to work under pressure and with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers and subject matter experts, both at the corporate and business levels
• Strong reporting experience using Google Sheets optimizations and creating decks
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8z4k-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.