Editor, Product Testing Underscored
New York, NY
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed Tech is a group of about 150 product managers, engineers, data scientists, and designers that are focused on building great products and content experiences that bring our audience joy and truth. We're a collaborative and friendly bunch that works in a typical agile way with sprints, JIRA, OKRs, and a close working relationship with management.
We're looking for an experienced product manager who is eager to help create the future of the BuzzFeed Quiz experience. You'll be working on a new team that is focused on creating a deep, compelling, and differentiated experience for BuzzFeed Quizzes that our users will love and return to. We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
• Work with a principal product manager and a team of engineers, designers, and data scientists, and editorial stakeholders to define and elevate the core BuzzFeed Quiz experience
• Develop a metrics-supported strategy for driving retention and loyalty with our Quiz audience
• Work with the full Quiz vertical ecosystem on web and app from Acquisition to Retention to Monetization
• Collaborate on team strategy, prioritize the workstreams, write product docs for individual products or projects, and communicate and coordinate the team's plans with stakeholders within and outside of Tech
• Experienced: You have hands-on experience launching and managing digital products, with a slant towards a consumer experience and how that drives the business and 3+ years of product management experience
• Collaborative and communicative: You have a demonstrated ability to work well and communicate with engineers, designers, and data scientists -- experience working with business and editorial stakeholders is a plus
• Curious, analytical, and proactive: You don't merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate and dive into the numbers and research to find novel insights and new product ideas
• Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to collaborate with and help influence senior leaders across the company to advance the team's vision and product strategy in a fairly complex problem space
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.