Associate Product Specialist
New York, NY
As Media and Commerce continue to merge, we're innovating quickly in the space where content drives the discovery of new products to purchase online. We have tons of compelling projects on the go, and are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is eager to help create the future of BuzzFeed Shopping.
You'll be working on a team that owns all-things BuzzFeed Commerce. From the tools our Editors use to write Shopping posts to the Shopping experiences our users see to the technology that supports our affiliate advertising and the data we use for our Commerce Intelligence systems, the Commerce Tech team is responsible end-to-end.
With our core products in a really solid space, 2021 is about growth, new ventures and big opportunities-and we're very excited to add another Product Manager to help us dream, build, experiment, learn, and build some more.
• Work with a senior product manager, engineers, designers, data scientists, and both business and editorial stakeholders to define and build the next phase of BuzzFeed Commerce
• Develop metrics-supported strategies for driving engagement and conversion with the BuzzFeed Shopping audience
• Work with the full Commerce ecosystem on both web and apps
• Collaborate on team strategy, prioritize workstreams, write product docs, work with designers and engineers through product development, partner with data scientists on instrumentation and closely watch and analyze metrics
• Communicate and coordinate the team's plans and product launches with stakeholders within and outside of Tech
• Keep your eye on trends in the Media and Commerce space, share new ideas, and be open to new experiments
• Experienced: You have hands-on experience launching and managing digital products, with a slant towards a consumer experience and how that drives the business and 2+ years of product management experience
• Collaborative and communicative: You have a demonstrated ability to work well and communicate with engineers, designers, and data scientists -- experience working with business and editorial stakeholders is a plus
• Curious, analytical, and proactive: You don't merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate and dive into the numbers to find novel insights and new product ideas
• Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to collaborate with and help influence senior leaders across the company to advance the team's vision and product strategy in a fast-growing and revenue-driving space
• Interested in and knowledge of eCommerce: You're intrigued by the online shopping space and energized by growing a commerce business. Experience here is a huge plus.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.