Senior Strategist, News
Vice Media Group
London, United Kingdom
BuzzFeed UK is looking for a thoughtful, strategic Content Operations & Production Coordinator to assist in overseeing its branded programmes. In this highly collaborative role, you will ensure that our content is planned and produced to the highest possible standards, kept within scope, and aligned with BuzzFeed UK's goals.
This is a full-time position based in our London office, reporting to our Sr. Manager, Content Operations & Production for BuzzFeed UK.
• Help ensure resources are optimised, revenue is supported, and work is kept in scope
• Build/manage timelines for dedicated projects
• Assist with our internal translations process on global projects
• Maintain and update internal documents and databases
• Oversee freelance invoices and contracts
• Collaborate with other members of the Ops, Content, and Sales teams on ongoing projects
• Maintain a database of production freelance personnel, including casting directors, cinematographers, camera operators, hair and make-up artists, production assistants, and other crew positions, at various price points, with various degrees of experience.
• Maintain relationships with production companies, to which entire projects can be outsourced.
• Create production budgets for prospective and active projects.
• Organize, inventory, and resource all company-owned production equipment, including camera bodies, lenses, lights, audio equipment, and peripherals.
• Coordinate the production studio schedule to minimise double-bookings.
• Source and hire production freelancers on a project basis
• Ensure that UK staffers follow the established project wrap and archiving process
• Ensure that branded productions are prioritised whilst also supporting editorial video output
• Maintain a database of freelance editors, at various price points, with various degrees of experience
• Book assistant editors, editors, colourists, post-sound mixers, and other freelance personnel, as needed
• Organize, inventory, and resource all company-owned post-production equipment, including computers, harddrives, and peripherals
• Work with operations leads to double-check post-production timelines for feasibility
• 2-3 years of relevant experience at an agency, media/publishing company, production company, or startup
• A deep understanding of branded content
• Experience working with, speaking with, and/or managing clients
• A strong working knowledge of video pre-production, production, and post-production
• A strong comfort level prioritising and managing a high volume of work
• The ability to work autonomously and in teams
• High emotional intelligence and the capacity to collaborate with diverse working styles
• Knowledge of web integration tools, Google Sheets, Movie Magic, Premiere and Photoshop. After Effects and frame.io a plus
• A scrappy, creative problem-solver a hunger to get things done
• A ''no haters!'' philosophy
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.