Shopping Writer, Branded Content
New York, NY
Market Copy Editor (Freelance)
BuzzFeed is hiring a freelance copy editor for its Market team. Are you a ''word nerd'' and ''super speller''? Did you find your latest summer outfit or home decor from a list in our shopping section? This may be the position for you!
BuzzFeed copy editors must be familiar with a range of subjects; be well-versed in grammar, syntax, and punctuation; and have a heightened awareness of language choices when reading sensitive topics.
This job is freelance and based in Los Angeles or New York City.
• Copyedit market posts for sensitivity and inclusion, style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, consistency, clarity, and concision.
• Contribute to discussions on language and sensitivity updates to the BuzzFeed Style Guide.
• At least 2 years' postgraduate work experience as a copy editor for a digital media publisher.
• Impeccable copyediting skills and strong attention to detail.
• A passion for internet and pop culture and familiarity with the latest social media and fashion trends.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nvbk-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.