Social Media Editor
Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed Video is searching for a Branded Manager of Physical Production to bring organizational skills and inspiring leadership to our production team. We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter that can work with all departments within Branded Video. You will be based in our Los Angeles office, a super collaborative work environment.
• Oversee the production process across the various Branded video products and teams
• Oversee multiple, simultaneous productions and timelines
• Troubleshoot and collaborate on creative solutions to pre-production, shoot, and or internal cross-departmental issues as they arise
• Train and oversee freelance producers and production managers
• Track & vet all related budgets, production plans, and wrap books
• Support feedback and approvals on creative concept pitches, budgets, timelines, and treatments
• Interface between accounting, pricing, post production, studio operations, casting, legal, client services, and sales
• Effectively communicate policies and procedures to freelance crew and production staff
• Collaborate to improve upon production resources, process, and responsibilities
• Develop structured learning and growth plans for direct report(s).
• Ensure the sourcing and hiring of diverse and inclusive crew and staff positions
• Proactively communicate + collaborate with Operational and Creative leads on all production issues and processes
• 5+ years of producing and management experience
• Embody a philosophy of finding creative solutions and efficiencies regarding budget, scheduling, logistics, etc.
• Have knowledge of industry standards regarding average crew rates, rental rates etc..
• Experience with permitting, releases etc..
• Highly organized and a polished/timely written and verbal communicator
• Prioritization is essential, appropriately delegate and be a team player
• Willingness to learn
• Prior people management experience
• Prior branded content experience
• Must exhibit personal and professional high standards of integrity and ethics
• Experience with injury/safety protocol and prevention
• Proficient in Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling and Google Drive
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.