BuzzFeed is looking for a Lead Social Media Strategist to work on strategy for the Video Social Team, across all social platforms. You'll work on a variety of BuzzFeed brands, including Tasty and Nifty, and help the video social team achieve their overall goals.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely, and expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into either the LA office.
• Oversee Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok publishing, as well as launching brands onto emerging platforms.
• Developing strategies to increase video views and platform revenue across the board, identifying areas of opportunity, and deliver against key performance benchmarks.
• Work closely with Deputy Director of video publishing and social leads to execute on those strategies
• Work closely with BuzzFeed's Tasty team on their content and publishing strategy
• Manage a team of 5+ direct reports who are also focused on social video.
• Communicate and brainstorm with both video producers, Creator talent, and the larger social team.
• Ideate and lead creative strategy branded opportunities or sponsored video.
• Analyze, craft and help optimize reports on social performance and trends, messaging key results to social team, as well as non-social stakeholders
• Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• 5-7 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• 4+ years of people management experience
• Ability to identify trends in social video, and a passion for video on social platforms
• A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
• A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and why content on those platforms became popular or goes viral
• A positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k897-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.