About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed Video social publishing strategy team is looking for someone with an understanding and love of web culture, digital media, and online video to assist with taking our publishing and social media game to the next level.
We're looking for someone with a passion for social media content and digital publishing to assist our social media and publishing team with optimizing our video content and audience engagement. The ideal candidate will have a background in digital media and/or social media, be excited by analytics, highly organized, be a native user and have understanding of YouTube, Twitter, Facebook/Instagram, and have an accessible and responsive working style.
The ideal candidate should also be able to understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
This Fellowship is part of a year-long program. Fellows work 40 hours per week and are paid $23/hour. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply. The role will be working West Coast hours (Pacific Time).
• Assist with day-to-day scheduling of video content across multiple YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok accounts
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social channels and assist with comment moderation
• Create playlists people want to binge-watch across Facebook and YouTube
• Work with the social team to help with day-to-day tasks on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
• Identify trends and patterns of viewership on social accounts
• Experience in digital media and/or marketing
• Understanding and love of the digital landscape
• Knowledge of the YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and other platform ecosystems and best practices
• Native Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook user
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect performance
• Exceptionally strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have excellent writing skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position, and what your favorite BuzzFeed social page is and why. You can share this information in the document you upload in place of a cover letter. No formal cover letters, please
• Send through 3-5 examples of BuzzFeed video content (on any of our accounts) that you feel did well. Share why you think our audience enjoyed the content (hint: think visually with social sharing in mind).
• Tell us about your favorite non-BuzzFeed publishers and what you think they're doing well to promote video content on any of their social platforms. Of course, your examples won't include BuzzFeed content.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvp0e7-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.