Food Video Producer, Affiliate (Project-Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a seasoned social video producer to develop, shoot and edit affiliate video content for the Tasty brand. This role will focus on cracking new editorial video formats around the categories of food, cooking and lifestyle that seamlessly integrate organic product recommendations. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic digital native with a passion for food content and a drive to iterate on wins. You should be a resourceful creative equally capable of overseeing in-studio shoots as well as directing talent remotely. There will also be opportunities to pitch in on branded partnerships. This role reports to the Lead Producer of Affiliate Video and is based in New York or Los Angeles. This is a three-month permalance opportunity with the option to extend.
• Produce, direct and edit mid- and long-form content optimized for the Tasty vertical across social platforms like Facebook and Instagram
• Pilot video formats that integrate organic product recommendations, driving audience conversion across content categories like kitchen convenience, cooking, and lifestyle
• Oversee video shoots, utilizing BuzzFeed's production resources
• Partner with internal BuzzFeed talent to build shows and one-offs around their skills and interests
• Contribute to notes and feedback for other team members' videos
• Create occasional content in response to client RFPs
• Work to meet monthly quotas and help define conversion benchmarks
• Collaborate with teams across the content org to identify affiliate opportunities for Tasty across various social media platforms
• Experiment with new ideas and pivot focus when necessary
• An obsession with food. A culinary background is not required but the kitchen should be your favorite room in the home!
• Experience producing and editing live-action video content for a variety of social platforms, ideally in the cooking space
• Literacy in a variety of cuisines, you're not afraid to try something new!
• An eye for shooting compelling video content for the web (DSLR + phone)
• Experience, or an interest in, the world of video commerce and affiliate video as a revenue generator
• A passion for video metrics and the competitive instinct to iterate off of successful ideas and experiments
• Experience working with, and brainstorming around, talent
• Interest and/or background in working with products and review content
• You are self-motivated, epically curious, highly adaptable, and able to juggle multiple projects at once
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyopkk-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.