New York, NY
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
Complex Networks is seeking a Features Editor.
• Edit features, essays, cover stories, and other written content, paying attention to structure, sourcing, and copy, for Complex.com across the topics of Music, Pop Culture, Style, and Sports
• Work with editorial leads of said vertical topics to help guide voice and vision for Complex.com
• Develop writers to further their growth as skilled storytellers, reporters, and essayists for Complex
• Communicate with Editorial Creative Director and Editorial Strategy Director on maximizing efficiency of edit process
• Be aware of news cycle and pitch in on story ideation/formats when needed
• 5+ years of editing experience at a website, newspaper, or magazine
• Experience publishing stories and editing copy in content management systems
• Always-on approach to work
• Relentless commitment to accurate, clean copy; fact-checking or copy-editing background a plus
• Must be comfortable working with a broad range of cross-functional staff
• Excellent organizational and time management skills-ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, and think quickly and strategically to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to distinguish the good content from the ''noise''
• Journalistic Pedigree
• Editing Prowess
• Mentoring Skill
• Organizational Savvy
• Understanding of Complex Brand
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9b7p-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.