Senior Editor, NBA
Los Angeles, CA
The Editorial Project Manager is responsible for the strategic and tactical management of proactive editorial video planning, translating editorial platform goals, and managing editorial sponsorships from pre-sale through launch. This position works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient communication and execution of editorial sponsorships.
The position is project-based and located in our LA office. We offer competitive compensation. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to special events and screenings.
• Accumulate information from editorial leads on quarterly tentpoles, projects and goals into a pipeline
• Outline trends, formats and platforms into an external facing document
• Pulling data across IPs each quarter to assist with sales information
• Problem-solves between inter-departmental teams on a daily basis
• Manages incoming opportunities during the pitch process
• Manages the overall execution process and ensuring all deliverables are met across sponsorships
• Ensures each program's brand guidelines are met and content is aligned with client expectations before deliverables are submitted
• Participate in client calls/meetings where concepts and pitches are discussed.
• Work with Business Operations, Sales and Account Management teams to track opportunities and ensure they remain in scope as they make their way through the sales pipeline
• Key participation in the development of new products, offerings, and initiatives
• Work with Business Operations and other internal stakeholders on ongoing process optimization initiatives
• Problem-solve and communicate between inter-departmental teams during the production process
• Maintain project timelines, product shipments, meetings/calls both internal and external as well as all execution logistics and next steps.
• 3-5 years experience at an agency or competitive media or publishing company
• Significant experience with a wide array of brands
• Advanced knowledge of video pre-production, production, and post-production, including workflows and processes, equipment and software programs/tools
• History of Innovative, strategic thinking and planning skills
• Strong communication skills required
• Ability to work under pressure and with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers and subject matter experts, both at the corporate and business levels
• Knowledge of digital marketing and video branding is a MUST
• Motivated by creative excellence
• CPG client experience a plus
• No Haters
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.