Designer (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
The BuzzFeed Design team needs a hard-working Graphic Designer for a full-time freelance position, to start as soon as possible. We are looking for someone with a passion for design and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Observe current design trends on social media and across the web
• Work closely with the design director to create timely and engaging graphics, illustrations, and short-form videos for a variety of brands
• Work with writers, animators, illustrators and designers to come up with concepts for best in class branded content
• Deep knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
• An interest in design and advertising
• A passion for experimentation, innovation and ideating on your successes
• A degree or course of study in graphic design, illustration or animation
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects (Animation experience a major plus)
• An ability to work under tight deadlines, juggle multiple projects at once, and adapt when asked to pivot
• Good communication skills and a talent for collaboration
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxxpo-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.