Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate and resourceful Culinary Producer who can aid in creating compelling original recipes and video content for Tasty. Reporting to our Lead Culinary Producer, you'll work on our Hollywood campus with a small team of culinary professionals to develop recipes and assist on shoots. We are seeking culinary professionals with experience in production and food media.
As a Culinary Producer, you will support our Lead Culinary Producer on set and behind the scenes of Tasty shoots featuring talent. You will assist with recipe testing & development, shopping for & prepping ingredients and cooking behind the scenes to ensure all food is camera ready on time. Experience, speed and accuracy is required for this role.
• 3+ years of food media experience
• 3+ years of recipe development with experience in international cuisine and high comfort level in both sweet and savory cooking
• 3+ years of food styling experience
• Ability to work fast and efficiently in the kitchen and multitask to take on multiple projects in fast paced production environments
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal written and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Tasty video content and understanding of our overall point of view on food
• Strong knowledge on the current food trends circulating social media
• Ability to maintain stability under pressure while keeping positive attitude and be flexible and willing to modify plans
• Ability to work well independently and with a team
• Comfortable working with talent while maintaining boundaries
• Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.