HuffPost is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
As part of our esteemed news organization, HuffPost is a leading source of award-winning news and commentary for the most diverse and connected generation ever- with reporting spanning across politics, lifestyle, entertainment and more. HuffPost believes in putting people before power and telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter.
HuffPost UK is looking for an experienced and passionate Brand Partnerships Editor to join our London team. Reporting to BuzzFeed's Head of Branded Content, you will oversee compelling branded campaigns full of boundary pushing ideas and impactful content strategies for AAA clients, seeing these through from pitch to delivery. You are knowledgeable about digital publishing and social strategy, and have experience in the sponsored content or advertising space. You have a natural understanding and passion for the digital, pop culture, politics and lifestyle landscape, and an intimate knowledge of all things internet. You'll be collaborative with an excellent ability to client-face, and inspire others in the business. This role is scheduled to last 12 months.
• Work with the HuffPost UK EiC, BuzzFeed Commercial Director and Head Of Content to help shape commercial strategy across HuffPost UK and BuzzFeed's media brands
• Implement compelling campaign strategies for brands across multiple social platforms and content formats
• Keep the EiC and senior editors up-to-date with commercial activity and opportunities with regular meetings and communication
• Lead and present head-turning campaign pitches to clients, communicating your ideas and knowing when to adapt to close the deal
• Develop and manage a HuffPost UK commercial opportunity calendar and ensure editorial understand its importance and contribute accordingly
• Lead brainstorms, ensure output and performance on campaigns, and share insights with the team and the wider international department
• Work with the managing editor, revenue, at HPUS to identify insights and opportunities for HPUK
• Push the boundaries of branded content and be constantly exploring new formats and creating exciting campaigns by keeping finger on the pulse of trends, design and technology
• Rally the branded and wider commercial team around your ideas and sell the vision to clients
• Educate sales teams on editorial opportunities and how to insert brands into them, both in one to one sessions, collateral and editorial fronts.
• Be an ambassador for HuffPost and BuzzFeed, Inc.
Part of what makes BuzzFeed, Inc. a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
• Significant experience within advertising or sponsored/branded content
• Substantial experience developing branded video campaigns
• Client-facing experience, being comfortable pitching to clients, answering questions and on the fly
• A working knowledge of the fundamentals of brand development, digital marketing, and the creative direction process.
• Excellent copywriting and editing skills
• An interest in and deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of platforms, apps and social networks
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A great benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6vwn-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.