This role supports the smooth intake of creative projects into our video production / studio pipeline, as well as maintaining the ongoing integrity of creative support systems like new hire curriculum and production best practices. The ideal candidate will have the ability to quickly identify conflicts within the system and provide swift solutions to keep individual productions on schedule and properly resourced. This position reports into the Supervisor, Creative and Studio Services.
• Steward video productions through our studio operations pipeline, providing contextual awareness of studio resource availability and capacity to other productions and initiatives in the pipeline.
• Identify potential downrange conflicts for individual productions entering our studio pipeline, including resource availability, safety / liability concerns, etc.
• Provide accurate reporting on the status of productions and initiatives to other ops partners.
• Manage documentation for creative and studio services policies, best practices, etc.
• Track the efficacy and completion of training for new hires on both creative and operations teams, including documentation, programs, and video learning tools.
• Field consultation requests for the Creative & Studio Services team, and either handle those consultations or direct to appropriate colleagues.
• Collaborate with supervisors to solve gaps in process, support, or other operational efficiencies.
• Manage and monitor slack and email ''help channels'' to connect concerns and support needs to the rest of video operations.
• Handle newsletters and comms for the Creative and Studio Services team.
• Studio or production operations experience; experience with managing high volumes of content a plus
• Knowledge of video and creative production resource requirements, including cinematic equipment usage
• Knowledge of production and operations best practices
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects
• Experience in craft-based production roles, like camera, lighting, art direction and/or sound a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7qw3-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.