BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed International is looking for a versatile and experienced Content Producer and Writer to join our New York City office, who will develop original written content - both branded and editorial - specifically for our UK and Canada editions.
The Content Producer will have an understanding and passion for the digital, pop culture and lifestyle landscape in the UK, Canada, and beyond, with intimate knowledge of what's happening in the world of social media, content, and latest technology/platforms. You will contribute high-quality written content across a variety of topics and formats (including lists, quizzes, and longer-form articles), lead and take part in remote team brainstorms, ensure output goals are met, and respond to learnings and feedback. You will source the best content across the global BuzzFeed network and the internet as a whole to repurpose for international editions , and will also create meme-style content and edit short-form user-generated videos from time to time.
You have a passion for creative work across all verticals and disciplines, a strong understanding of how to use data to inform your work, and will collaborate well with other writers, video producers, and leads across BuzzFeed's international markets.
• Write excellent, original content that will delight (and help grow) BuzzFeed's enormous audience
• Be a thoughtful, creative writer across a variety of genres, disciplines, frames and formats
• Brainstorm, pitch ideas, and write and copy-edit posts from other writers
• Source and/or create gifs, photos, and other imagery for your posts
• Use data from relevant platforms to inform future content ideas, drive results, and develop audiences
• Compile reports and newsletters highlighting the best content from BuzzFeed teams around the world, and sharing insights
• Distribute content (video, posts, social assets) across BuzzFeed's social platforms and help develop social strategies
• Work on tight deadlines to deliver work that exceeds expectations on time, every time
• Collaborate on branded projects and create written co-branded content
• Opportunity to collaborate on BuzzFeed videos, including videos for BuzzFeed's media brands, such as Tasty, Bring Me, Nifty, As/Is, and more
• Help to further develop BuzzFeed's brand and business in both the UK and Canada
• 2+ years of written content experience
• Autonomy in viral/creative idea generation and execution
• Experience writing funny, engaging content across different formats and verticals
• Proficient in Photoshop and Premiere, After Effects a plus
• Experience using social platforms and an interest in what drives people to share content on the web
• An understanding of all social platforms and why the most popular stuff on these platforms becomes popular, and an ability to identify social trends fast
• A great energy and attitude. Can take direction and collaborate well with others
• Experience working quickly and efficiently while keeping a cool head under pressure
• A competitive drive, no matter what tools you are provided with
• A positive, curious disposition with an active interest in figuring out what makes an audience tick
• Experience with creating and editing video content
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv75j0-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.