New York, NY
BuzzFeed is looking for a Content Producer to join our social media team! We're looking for someone who is enthusiastic about social media, the internet and news to provide social media support for Buzzfeed's O&O social squad.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely, and expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
• Report to the Sr. Social Media Strategist, O&O
• Work with the Sr. Social Media Strategist, O&O to build and publish content that improves Buzzfeed traffic
• Optimize thumbnails for Buzzfeed.com content posted to Facebook
• Create and publish memes, GIFs, images and graphics across Twitter and Instagram
• Support O&O social team with content that can be used during event coverage, news moments, real-time publishing and in service of larger strategic needs (recurring graphic posts, small-scale design needs, etc.)
• Create unique, fun, ideas for social content with the potential to go viral
• Demonstrate the ability to be additive to BuzzFeed's culture with a productive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• Have the ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Analyze and report out about social activity
• 2-3 years experience working with social media
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere a huge plus
• Have excellent multitasking skills to handle all of the social media accounts you're responsible for in a cohesive way
• Have excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail and are proactive and able to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
• Have a positive and curious disposition and a genuine love for and excitement about the internet
• Strong standards of journalism with regard to fact checking & spelling.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.