BuzzFeed is looking for a highly creative, versatile, jack-of-all-trades content producer to plan and execute digital content campaigns promoting BuzzFeed's film and television projects. BuzzFeed Studios is producing countless film and tv projects across narrative features, scripted, unscripted series and standalone documentary. The Content Marketing Lead will be responsible for making sure the BuzzFeed audience knows about those projects and is excited to watch them! The Content Marketing Lead will collaborate with filmmakers, other creative producers across departments at BuzzFeed, and also clients from tv networks and film studios. Between marketing campaigns, the Content Lead will also support the Film and TV Development teams working across our slate, in reviewing scripts, developing formats and packaging projects with talent.
• Build strong, visual pitch decks to communicate your ideas to studios and filmmakers.
• Pitch and execute written and video marketing/promotional content in support of BuzzFeed Studios' film and television projects.
• Have advanced skills in writing, lighting, shooting and editing, in tight timelines, often independently. (Advanced at: DSLR cameras, Premiere edit suite, Adobe creative programs)
• Have a deep understanding of the social platforms, their audiences, and the content that works on them.
• Develop a deep understanding of BuzzFeed's branded content products and processes.
• Develop an understanding of paid media distribution, products and processes.
• Liaise with editorial and social teams to understand trends and successful content frames.
• Be able to deliver a volume of high quality work, independently, on schedule and within budget.
• Be a strong communicator, able to represent BuzzFeed Studios from a creative marketing POV both internally and externally.
• Support the coordination and logistical arrangements of getting freelance videographers and photographers to filming locations and events.
• Be comfortable working with high profile talent to get content made.
• Help identify internetty moments with potential for virality in scripts and bring them to life.
• Able to assist in film and television development, covering scripts, elevating concepts and packaging projects.
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• A love for internet content across video and written formats
• A passion for film and tv, a deep understanding of social platforms
• Advanced skills in pitching, writing, shooting and editing digital content independently
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.