BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a detail oriented, proactive, self starter focused individual to help advance and support BuzzFeed's International and US business operations. As the Business Operations and Strategy Manager, you will partner with Sales SVPs in the US and regional business teams internationally to help optimize their businesses by ensuring they are receiving the support needed to effectively grow their revenue. To be successful in this role, you must have exceptional project management and communication skills.
This position is based in New York.
Internal communications and project management:
• Partner with Sales SVPs to outline and ensure follow through on priorities for Business teams
• Coordinate and lead International sales leadership meetings and Quarterly Business All-Hands
• Manage information sharing across International teams in a clear and timely manner
• Problem solve when needed around legal, finance and accounting for International businesses
• Consult and project manage larger scale, strategic partnerships with executive/leadership involvement4
• Tackle ambiguous strategic questions facing the business. Partner with leaders throughout BuzzFeed to build and implement business cases for new initiatives. Drive the implementation of those initiatives to ensure smooth execution across a diverse array of cross-functional stakeholders
Operations and processes:
• Identify process gaps and optimization opportunities within the business organization. Work with key leaders across the organization to document and implement process improvements
International product and pricing management:
• Work with sales and ad operations leads to maintain International rate card and ad products by market
• Lead/coordinate sales, product, and process trainings by market
• Manage pricing and product exceptions and approvals across markets
• 3-5+ years experience working in an operational role. Client facing experience is a plus.
• Experience partnering with internal teams to brainstorm solutions that achieve client goals and future needs
• Experience in and comfortable presenting to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
• Proven project management experience and ability to navigate and communicate timelines and deliverables (internally and externally) with accuracy
• Experience and ability to tell a story using data, research and insights research
• Experience with G Suite products: Google Sheets, Slides, Documents, etc.
• Ability to take on complex financial and quantitative analyses and synthesize findings
• Demonstrable communication and consensus-building skills to align people behind the strategic agenda, co-create plans, and influence a variety of stakeholders
• Compelling presentation skills with confidence and ability to present findings, defend a point of view and offer constructive challenge to senior leaders
• Demonstrated track record in successfully managing ambitious, strategic, and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3eop-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.