BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to join our team in New York. You will work on Facebook strategy for the Commerce Editorial Social Team, but have a hand in all social platforms. You will expand our strategy to cover other platforms even more, especially instagram, search and apple news.
We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
• Oversee Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram publishing, and push notifications like Apple News and the BuzzFeed App.
• Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and Shopping team to achieve goals and meet deadlines, analyzing and reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities.
• Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms.
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• Produce ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, the App, Apple News and more
• This is job requires 1+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• Social media experience and data analysis skills
• An understanding of online customer's buying behaviors
• Be a self-motivated person who isn't afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
• Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
• Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.